- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Progressive vs. Regressive Trends in Islam
The first 200 words of this essay...
Progressive vs. Regressive
When Muhammad wrote the Koran, he achieved more than introducing the religion of Islam. His teachings brought huge changes to Arabia where there wasn't a considerable sense of morality. Before Islam, there was no morality in economics, women were seen as objects, and there was constant inter-tribal violence. Islam became a guide for the people that joined faith, politics, religion, and society.
Unlike pre-Islamic Arabia, the Koran emphasized poor were important to society. Taking interest on loans was prohibited in the Koran because at the time, loans were meant to assist the poor when they needed it. Islam also requires that an annual portion of one's wealth be given to charity. It also allowed for competition and profit motive as long as there was fair play involved. It did not allow for taking advantage of one another. Islam allowed for economic equality and morality in a region that had not seen such thoughts before.
Women possibly gained the most out of the changes brought on by Islam. Before, women were seen as objects more than as human beings. Just the birth of a daughter was viewed negatively. Women were married
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Islam as a living religious tradition
- Islamiyat Notes. Surah al Anaam (Ch. 6 : Vs. 101-103)These v...
- Explain how Muslim teachings affect the Muslim attitudes tow...
- Islamic Bioethics
- Explain the importance of Ramadan to Muslims and the way in ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.