- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Religion and Society coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
A.(i) Describe the treatments available to help infertile couples to have children
Infertility affects approximately 1 in 6 couples from the West. There are many treatments available for infertile couples which help with the procreation of children.
In-Vitro Fertilisation is a procedure conducted within a laboratory in which a man's sperm is placed within a Petri dish, alongside an unfertilized egg, to accomplish fertilization. The embryo then is transferred into the woman's uterus to begin a pregnancy. Additionally, the embryo can be cryopreserved (frozen) for future use.
Sometimes, a woman agrees to carry a child for another woman with the sole intention of surrendering the child after birth, this is known as Surrogacy. The surrogate mother may be related to the child through natural contraception, or may not be related to the child as a result of IVF.
Couples who have had successful IVF treatment may decide to donate any spare embryos left to help other infertile couples. This is known as Embryo Donation.
Sometimes an egg is donated by another woman through a process called Egg Donation. The egg is then fertilised by IVF using the husband's sperm. It is then
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- Explain the terms 'Relative poverty', 'Absolute Poverty' and...
- The term poverty is widely used to describe situations that ...
- 'Charity should begin at home'.
- Wealth and poverty in Islam.
- Wealth and poverty - Islamic teachings.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.