- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What should Christians think of criminals?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain the attitude that Christians may have towards Criminals?
There are many different types of Christians and their beliefs mainly follow the same thread. In this essay I am going to explain how Christians use their knowledge from the bible to treat Criminals.
In the parable of the lost son, Luke 15, v11-32; the younger son receives inheritance from his father early, so he goes away and spends it on reckless living and eventually ends up working with the pigs. He realises the error of his ways and repents and goes home. The older loyal son is jealous that the dad let him back into his life like nothing happened. Then the father says, "All I have is yours", and "my son was lost and now is found, he was dead and now is alive." This parable shows the father as being God, the young son as the people who make mistakes and repent, and the older son as believers loyal to God the father. When the father says to the loyal son "Everything I have is yours" I think this is talking about Eternal life, because in the bible God promises everyone who believes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Religion in the Media (view all)
- The falsification principle offers no real challenge to reli...
- 'Television always presents religious people as out of touch...
- Discuss the merits of theories of secularisation with regard...
- What problems do Sociologists face in trying to define and m...
- Modern Britain is now a secular society. To what extent do s...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.