- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Design and carry out a procedure to compare the rate of hydrolysis of the three liquid halogenoalkanes.
The first 200 words of this essay...
HYDROLYSIS OF HALOGENOALKANES
Aim: My aim is to design and carry out a procedure to compare the rate of hydrolysis of the three liquid halogenoalkanes: 1- Chlorobutane
Less than 1 floats
More than 1 sinks
relative molecular mass=92.5g mol-1 Density=0.89g cm-3
mol-1 cm-3 = 0.89 = 0.00962 mol cm-3
cm3 mol -1 = 1 =104cm3 mol -1
relative molecular mass = 137g mol-1 Density=1.28g cm-3
mol-1 cm-3 = 1.28 = 0.00934 mol cm-3
cm3 mol-1 = 1 =107cm3mol-1
relative molecular mass =184g mol-1 Density=1.62g cm-3
mol-1 cm-3 = 1.62 = 0.00880 mol cm-3
cm3 mol-1 = 1 =114cm3mol-1
As you can see the results, the conclusion for my result are too big to fit into a test tube, hence I will have to make it smaller so it can fit into the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- Effect of concentration of the acid&alkali on heat of ne...
- Exothermic neutralisation reaction.
- Enthalpy of Neutralisation.
- An Experiment Into the Thermal Decomposition of Metal Carbon...
- To investigate the rate of reaction between different concen...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.