- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Emily Dart 10C
Farmers are tempted to go organic because of the greater price that organic produce can make. This is because less money is used for the purchase of growth hormones and antibiotics that can't be used in the production of organic milk. Also the money that farmers receive if they produce organic milk is twice as much as they would receive producing non-organic milk. This is because of the fluctuating price of non-organic milk compared to the steady high price of the organic milk. Also the government subsidise organic farmers the cost of all the extras they need to give the cows, like special feed with nothing that could cause the cow to be considered non-organic.
Organic farmers are not able to give their cows antibiotics. This can cause many problems for the cows. Firstly the problem of the increased probability of illnesses. This would mean that the farmer would either have to stop the use of the cow for the production of organic milk or use a lot of money for another treatment that still complies with the rules for the production of organic dairy products. In non-organic dairy herds antibiotics are used
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- Biology research - how animals area adapted to cold environm...
- Physical Geography Fieldwork On Box Hill
- An Essay on Hemoglobin Structure and Function
- Evolution, Natural selection and Darwinism
- Charles Darwin, The evolution theory.
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
- Dissecting an Owl Pellet Lab
- The aim is to record the data growth of Duckweed and see wha...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'