- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Im going to investigate the affect of light on the amount of Pleurococcus. I predict that the side with the least light will have the most Pleurococcus
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pleurococcus (a.k.a. Protococcus) is single celled green algae, it is found on the bark of trees but it never grows on softwood trees. It is the most common green algae in the world. It is found is all seasons and grows in moist places. It reproduces by cell division and is transported by the wind. As it is a green plant it photosynthesizes. The formula for photosynthesis is:
The variables that affect Pleurococcus are:
> Light (needed for photosynthesis)
> Moisture/humidity: if it is too dry the Pleurococcus will die
> Amount of rainfall (and that trickles down the tree)
> Position of tree (shading etc.)
> Tree species (some trees have bark that is more suited to Pleurococcus than others)
I'm going to investigate the affect of light on the amount of Pleurococcus.
I predict that the side with the least light will have the most Pleurococcus. This is because
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- Testing Starch in a (Variegated) Leaf - Lab Report
- An Experiment Investigating the Factors Affecting Photosynth...
- To measure heat loss in two test tubes which represent bodie...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.