- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate the effect of exercise on the heart rate.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A INVESTIGATION ON PULSE RATE
Aim: - To investigate the effect of exercise on the heart rate.
Hypothesis: I think that when the length of exercise increases, the number of beats per minute will rise. The number of beats per minute will rises steadily because the amount of exercise will gradually increase causing the heart to bear faster. Aerobic respiration is the release of energy from glucose in the presence of Oxygen. Aerobic means in air, but it is the Oxygen in the air that is necessary for aerobic respiration. Anaerobic respiration is in the absence of air. This has a major part of your pulse rate rising during exercise because your heart starts to pump more blood faster so that energy can be delivered to the working muscles as quickly as possible.
* One person should be timing how long the other person should be skipping.
* You start skipping for 30 seconds until your partner tells you to stop.
* Quickly find your pulse on your wrist.
* Start counting the amount of times your heart beats for a minute long. Your partner will be timing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Biology Revision notes - Human Biology
- The Effects of Exercise on the Heart Rate
- Artificial Cardiac Pacemakers
- OCR GCSE Case Study: Is MMR Safe?
- Panic Disorder
- Biology 1 Edexcel Science Overview Revision Notes.
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
- Human Circulatory System Revision Notes.
- The thyroid gland.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.