- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating the rate of reaction of Sodium Thiosulphate and Hydrochloric Acid
The first 200 words of this essay...
I predict that the higher the concentration then the faster the reaction, this is because when water is added the sodium thiosulphate solution and the hydrochloric acid have a more neutral pH and it becomes more dilute then it will be less reactive will the other particles in the solution.
Equation for my experiment:
Sodium thiosulphate + Hydrochloric acid Sulphur + Sodium chloride
Sulphur dioxide Water
Na2 S2 O2 + 2HCl 2Na Cl + SO2 + H2O + S
The apparatus needed include:
3 Measuring cylinders (1 to measure sodium thiosulphate, another to measure hydrochloric acid and another for water)
A piece of paper or tile with a dark cross-marked on it
The materials needed:
Sodium thiosulphate solution
The only variable will be the volume of sodium thiosulphate.
The thing I will not change is the volume of hydrochloric acid.
I will measure the speed of reaction by timing it using a fairly reliable stopwatch to a hundredth of a second. I will measure the volume of hydrochloric acid 5 ml
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- Acid Base Characteristics of Oxides Across the periodic Tabl...
- Science Investigation Report - Aim To investigate how the v...
- Investigate the effect of changing the concentration of sodi...
- Flame Test
- Preparation of a crystalline derivative.
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.