- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigation - Examination of bacterial sensitivity on antibiotics.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation: Examination of bacterial sensitivity on antibiotics.
(a) Introduction: The aim of this experiment is to see the effect of antibiotic on the growth and reproduction of three bacteria; Ecoli, Bacillus subtillis, Micrococcus luteus.
(i) 3 agar petridishes.
(ii) 3 bacteria solution samples (Ecoli, bacillus, micrococcus).
(iii) Marker pen.
(vi) Glass spreader.
(vii) 2ml Syringe.
(viii) 3 antibiotic discs.
(x) Bunsen burner.
(xi) Sticky tape.
(xii) Eye protection.
(i) Take three petridishes and using the marker pen, mark each dish with your name, time and date, and the type of bacteria.
(ii) Take one bottle of the samples of bacteria you want to inoculate e.g. Ecoli and using the 2ml syringe withdraw about 0.5ml of the bacteria. Note that before you withdraw the bacteria from the bottle, flame the neck of the bottle using the Bunsen burner, this is an aseptic technique.
(iii) Using your syringe with the 0.5ml of Ecoli, add it to one of the petridish containing the agar and immediately place back the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- Investigating the habitat of woodlice.
- An Investigation into a Woodlice's Preferred Choice of Envir...
- The importance uses of micro organisms.
- A2 Biology Coursework -Investigation into the effect of diff...
- Australian Ectotherms & Endotherms
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
- Dissecting an Owl Pellet Lab
- The aim is to record the data growth of Duckweed and see wha...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.