- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigation - Examination of bacterial sensitivity on antibiotics.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation: Examination of bacterial sensitivity on antibiotics.
(a) Introduction: The aim of this experiment is to see the effect of antibiotic on the growth and reproduction of three bacteria; Ecoli, Bacillus subtillis, Micrococcus luteus.
(i) 3 agar petridishes.
(ii) 3 bacteria solution samples (Ecoli, bacillus, micrococcus).
(iii) Marker pen.
(vi) Glass spreader.
(vii) 2ml Syringe.
(viii) 3 antibiotic discs.
(x) Bunsen burner.
(xi) Sticky tape.
(xii) Eye protection.
(i) Take three petridishes and using the marker pen, mark each dish with your name, time and date, and the type of bacteria.
(ii) Take one bottle of the samples of bacteria you want to inoculate e.g. Ecoli and using the 2ml syringe withdraw about 0.5ml of the bacteria. Note that before you withdraw the bacteria from the bottle, flame the neck of the bottle using the Bunsen burner, this is an aseptic technique.
(iii) Using your syringe with the 0.5ml of Ecoli, add it to one of the petridish containing the agar and immediately place back
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- I will be answering the question: is animal testing right or...
- Research question - Is using dogs for work ethical?
- Does Traffic Pollution Cause Asthma?
- Movement in Plants and Animals.
- Animal Testing
- Describe examples of adaptations to the environment shown ...
- Overfishing - The End Of The Line
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.