- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigation into the Affect of Temperature on Yeast Activity.
The first 200 words of this essay...
INVESTIGATION INTO THE AFFECT OF TEMPERATURE ON YEAST ACTIVITY
AIM: To investigate the affect of temperature on yeast activity.
APPARATUS: 1 test tube, 1 boiling tube, rubber bung and delivery tube, test tube rack, 250ml beaker, tripod, gauze, Bunsen burner, stopwatch, 2 measuring syringes, thermometer, safety goggles, 250ml of glucose solution and 250ml of yeast solution.
1) Set up the apparatus as shown in the diagram. Put on safety glasses and fill the 250ml beaker with water to slightly over half way. Also fill roughly 3/4 of the test tube with water.
2) Measure out 10ml of glucose solution in one syringe and 10ml of yeast solution in the other. Add these two solutions together in the boiling tube.
3) Light the Bunsen burner and heat the water in the water bath to 15oC. When the water has reached temperature place the boiling tube into the beaker.
4) When the contents of the boiling tube have reached 15oC remove it from the beaker and fit the rubber bung and delivery tube. Place the loose end of the delivery tube into the test tube containing water.
5) Gently shake the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- An investigation into the effect of light intensity on the r...
- To measure heat loss in two test tubes which represent bodie...
- Plant adaptations to habitats.
- Does Temperature Effect the Germination of Mustard Seeds?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo