- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rates of reaction between Magnesium and HCl.
- Essay length: 3778 words
- Submitted: 13/02/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Chemistry coursework: Investigate one factor which affects the rate of reaction of magnesium and hydrochloric acid
I am going to investigate how the change in concentration will affect the rate of reaction, between magnesium and hydrochloric acid (HCL). To broaden my investigation I will use a wide range of concentrations in order to evaluate the differences.
To ensure that my experiment will be carried out safely, everyone involved in the experiment will wear safety goggles at all stages of the experiment, as hydrochloric acid is a corrosive substance, and protective clothing must be worn at all time whilst conducting the investigation. The practical will be carried out in plenty of space, clear of bags and coats. It is also imperative to consider the safety of other pupils that may be close to the practical. Therefore no one who is not involved in the practical shall be allowed in close vicinity of the experiment. Also care will be taken when handling the equipment and the hydrochloric acid, in order to avoid spillages. Avoid skin contact with hydrochloric acid. Wear goggles at all times. Rinse skin thoroughly if contact is made. Hydrogen gas is flammable. Keep
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- How varying the concentration of Hydrogen Peroxide changes t...
- Effects of Concentration of Sodium Thiosulphate in the react...
- The Effect of Concentration on the Rate of Reaction between ...
- Rusting Lab. Hypothesis: I think that the presence of salt ...
- Chemistry copper sulphate and zinc
- Experiment Plan. How much energy is transferred as heat whe...
- How does the concentration of HCl affect the rate of reacti...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.