- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The aim of the experiment is to find out the effect of concentration of acid, in the reaction between dilute Hydrochloric Acid and the Magnesium Ribbon.
The first 200 words of this essay...
INVESTIGATING THE REACTION BETWEEN MAGNESIUM (Mg) AND HYDROCHLORIC ACID (HCL)
The aim of the experiment is to find out the effect of concentration of acid, in the reaction between dilute Hydrochloric Acid and the Magnesium Ribbon. Depending on how fast the reaction takes place, indicates the rate of the chemical reaction, (how often the molecules collide). In the investigation I will test the different concentrations of acid reacting with the magnesium ribbon.
I predict that as the concentration of the hydrochloric acid decreases (becomes more diluted), the time taken for the magnesium ribbon to dissolve will increase. I also predict that as the concentration of the hydrochloric acid decreases, the rate of reaction will double.
The background knowledge is very important because it can give us an inkling as to what we think can happen in the experiment, and from using the background knowledge I can make a prediction, and then justify it. I know that there are certain aspects of the experiment that can change the course of the results. One of the factors is the 'Collision Theory'.
The Collision Theory describes how the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Chemistry Rate of Reaction Coursework for Calcium Carbonate ...
- Rusting Lab. Hypothesis: I think that the presence of salt ...
- Rate of Reaction Chemistry Coursework
- Investigating the rate of reaction between Sodium Thiosulpha...
- How does temperature affect the rate of reaction between sod...
- Experiment Plan. How much energy is transferred as heat whe...
- How does the concentration of HCl affect the rate of reacti...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.