- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Harvard Step test
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Firstly we found a bench that was 15 cm high.
* Then we set up a table allowing us 3 different results from 5 different people.
* The variable we used was changing the people doing the step-ups.
* We stepped up onto the bench every 2 seconds (every odd number you stepped up and every even number you stepped down) for 300 seconds (5 minutes).
* After I had done the step-ups for five minutes I rested for 1 minute then took my pulse for 30 seconds.
* After another 30 seconds rest I took my pulse for 30 seconds again.
* And after another 30 seconds rest I took my pulse again.
* As there were 5 people in my group each person repeated this process until we had 5 people's 3 pulse counts, which we put into a table.
* To work our fitness' we used this equation :-
Fitness = time spent on exercise (300 seconds) x 100
2 x (first + second + third pulse counts)
* To work out our
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Biology notes
- Biology Revision notes - Human Biology
- biology diabetes work
- The effect of different sugar substrates on the rate of yeas...
- The effects of exercise on the cardiovascular and respirator...
- Sickle Cell Disease Research Project
- The aim of my investigation is to measure the effects of BMI...
- Biology 1 Edexcel Science Overview Revision Notes.
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.