- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How have the Vietnamese people been assimilated?
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. (a) How have the Vietnamese people been assimilated?
The Vietnamese people have been assimilated into the Australian society. They have been absorbed and adopted to the Australian Culture, by learning and socialising from others. Especially the new generations which have grown up in Australia.
(b) List the ways of how this was achieved
* Socialising in cultural pattern to of the host country.
* Intermarriage between the immigrant group and the core society.
* Denying native country.
* The change of the immigrant's cultural pattern to that of the host society. Involving the change in ethnic values, customs and cultural forms.
2. What is assimilation?
Assimilation, the process by which individuals or groups are absorbed into and adopt the dominant culture and society of another group. The term assimilation is generally used with regard to immigrants to a new land. New customs and attitudes are acquired through contact and communication with indigenous inhabitants. However, the transfer of customs is not simply a one-way process. Each group of immigrants contributes some of its own cultural traits to its new society. Assimilation usually involves a gradual change and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitat...
- Marxist views on the family.
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Comparisons and contrasts between the theories of Karl Marx ...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Zoey. University Student.