- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Look at domestic labour within the family and any possible changes of domestic labour in the household.
- Essay length: 3532 words
- Submitted: 13/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Introduction... pg.3
* Aims and Hypothesis... pg.4
* Methodology... pg.5
* Results... pg.8
* Evaluation... pg.11
* Conclusion... pg.12
* Bibliography... pg.13
Domestic labour is the work done in the household by the members of the family and which is not paid.
I want to investigate if women still do the majority of the domestic labour in a household. I have chosen to investigate domestic labour because I want to see that, over the years if men have started helping with domestic labour in the household.
Domestic labour is work, which most women do on top of their employment, and the amount of work they do after they come home from their job varies. When women do domestic labour, as they're only or main work they do not get paid, so women get bored of doing domestic labour in the household.
Still today domestic labour is stereotypical gender roles predominate, which stereotypes show that women roles predominantly to do domestic labour in the household.
From the late nineteenth century until 1950 the relationship between husband and wife could be described as male domination
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitat...
- Marxist views on the family.
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Theories Of Ageing
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.