- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
HOW I CHOSE MY SAMPLE
Now that I have designed my questionnaire, the next stage of my research is to choose my sample. A sample is a subgroup of a population chosen from a large population to show the quality, style, or nature of the whole specimen. A sample is used because it is quicker because there are less people, and easier to gain access of.
There are several different sampling methods that can be used in sociological research, and each one has its own advantages and disadvantages.
One of the methods of sampling is: Stratified random sampling; in which random numbers are chosen and the name beside it is the name chosen for the sample. Equal amounts of people are chosen from different groups. There is a disadvantage for me in using this sampling method because I will be unable to collect data and evaluate the data from the whole population due to time limitations. Another disadvantage in using stratified random sampling is that I may choose a group consisting of certain aged people and this can make my results inaccurate.
Simple random sampling is when the whole population is grouped (divided) and a certain
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- Les Miserables
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.