- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Who Voted Nazi and Why?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Who voted Nazi and why?
In the election of May 1928 the Nazi party won 2.6% of the vote with 12 seats. By September 1930 this had risen to 18.3% and 107 seats, this increased yet again to 37.4% and 230 seats by July 1932. This made the Nazis the largest party in the Reichstag. However it is impossible to know exactly who voted for the Nazis, as it was a secret ballot. So to work out who voted for the Nazis we have to look at in what areas they did well, this can show us which bits of society voted for them,if they did well in city centres then it would be fair to assume the working class voted Nazi. We can also look at which parties lost support as the Nazis gained it, if a party has a strong link with a certain class then if it looses support as the Nazis gain it, it is fair to assume the Nazis are stealing those votes and they appeal to the class who traditionally supported that party. We can also look at the areas of society the Nazis tried to appeal to. This is helpful as for example
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Les Miserables
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- Karl Marx and Max Weber have different views upon social cla...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.