- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Human Resource Management - learning styles, Government training programmes in Trinidad and Tobago
The first 200 words of this essay...
NAME: REANA SINGH
COURSE: BTEC HND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
SUBJECT: HUMAN RESOURSE DEVELOPMENT
DUE DATE: 27TH APRIL, 2011
'I don't need theory or models. I just need financial resources'.
This statement made by the Chief Operating Officer who is responsible for the organisation's Human Resource Development.
According to Honey and Mumford (1992) they noted that 'people vary not just in their learning skills but also in their learning styles'. They formulated a popular classification of learning styles in terms of the attitudes and behaviours which determines the individual's preferred way of learning. These styles are the Activist, Reflector, Theorist and Pragmatist. The activist learning style is a person who will try anything which involves new experiences. They are open-minded and enthusiastic but are easily bored by long term implementation and consolidation. They act first and think about consequences later. They are the type that likes challenges, tackling problems and brainstorming. On the other hand the reflector style is a person who stands back and observes and think about new experiences. They analyse all data available before making a decision. This type of style may be used by a person
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business Studies (view all)
- Exploring team development
- Advance Professional Development
- starting a small business
- This essay will compare two hotels, the five star hotel- Jum...
- Unit 21: outline how consumers are protected for the supply ...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.