- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Biological oxygen demand (BOD) of water sample analysis.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biological oxygen demand (BOD) of water sample analysis
Sample A: Fish pond water fixed on the day of collection (50cm³)
Sample B: Fish pond water fixed three days after collection (50cm³)
Sodium thiosulphate (0.0250mol/dm³)
Burette readings (cm³) ±0.10cm³
- Collected sample was very murky
- The first end point colour was of a yellow colour, perhaps not light enough
- Addition of starch indicator produced a grey-black solution; perhaps did not add enough indicator, however this did not pose as a problem
- There was one occasion where I suspected to have added too much sodium thiosulphate, however the second trial indicated that I did not go past the end point too much
To calculate the dissolved oxygen
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Vitamin C in Fruit Juices
- Using Calorimeter Techniques to Indirectly Determine An Enth...
- Acids/Bases Design Lab. How does a change in the pH value of...
- lab report: the hardness of water
- Investigating a factor which may (or may not) affect the val...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.