- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To What Extent Were Hitlers Policies the Cause of World War II?
The first 200 words of this essay...
To What Extent Were Hitler's Policies the Cause of World War II?
Europe's most destructive conflict, the Second World War, broke out on September 1st 1939, with Hitler's invasion of Poland. But when considering the causes of the war along with its outbreak, Hitler's policies cannot be considered the only contributing factors, since the combination of the policy of appeasement, each nations concern for its own security, the failure of the League of Nations and the Great depression all fed fuel into the fire of German extremism, which eventually led to the deadliest war in human history. When conducting the exploration of Hitler's policies it is clear that a large amount of them inevitably led to war. One of these policies was the expansion of Lebensraum or living space for the German people with which Hitler undertook through very aggressive method. European public sympathy at first lied with the German people since they believed that the land which was stripped from them in the Treaty of Versailles was unfair and so made no opposition towards their unification with the new German state, especially since they were winning all the plebiscites (although under dubious circumstances). This excuse was used all
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- Was the Tsar to blame for his own downfall?
- The End of the Cold War.
- Why did the Second Spanish Republic Fail?
- To What Extent was the Treaty of Versailles a fair treaty th...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.