- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Find the median body mass index (BMI) for females in the United States of America.
- Essay length: 1638 words
- Submitted: 25/07/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
The table below shows the median body mass index (BMI) for females in the United States of America (USA) for the year 2000 (source www.cdc.gov).
Using the two variables above in the table, the independent variable (age), and the dependent variable BMI which has the units kg.m-2. The graph below was generated using Microsoft Excel 2007.
Using a GDC, the data was fitted to a set of parameters, a screen shot of these parameters can be seen below:
It can be seen from the plot that one possible mathematical fit for the graph is a sine function. This is apparent because it has the same periodic nature (it appears to be 3/4 of a period of a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Tide Modeling
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Math Portfolio Type II Gold Medal heights
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
- Math SL Fish Production IA
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.