- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Development of Nora's and Torvalds relationship in "Dolls House"
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the Development of Helmer's and Nora's Relationships
A Doll's House was initially written towards the nearing of the twentieth century by Henrik Ibsen. A time when time-old tradition and good social behaviors we only tolerated and the family circle was a sacred institution in which both husband and wife lived with certain codes; dignity that was the norm. As a result this play did not receive the welcome it deserved as a reflection of the reality it depicted: deceit, dissatisfaction, lust, misunderstanding; etc. Since the play reflects society the audience can easily relate to the play and thus feel as though they are a part, therefore his writing techniques are noteworthy in relation to the effect it has.
Considering the opening of the play in which we're given the impression that they're a happily married couple, a family of love. Both supporting one another, living an honest life where Helmer is presented as being the prefect husband and Nora the perfect wife. I believe Ibsen has been able to skillfully set about the play in a manner that makes us believe there is a somewhat a tranquil atmosphere. This later can be contrasted against the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Misc (view all)
- World Lit. 2- Symbolism of the Town Square in Chronicle of a...
- [IB Film] Bicycle Thieves: Critical Analysis
- The History & Development of Reflexology
- English A1 HL - Detailed Plan & Commentary on Planting a...
- Darkness At Noon World Lit Paper 2
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.