- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Uses of Encryption
The first 200 words of this essay...
Information Technology in a Global Society
Chapter 3 - Encryption and Interception of Communications - Pg 129
Describe at least three different kinds of uses of encryption that have social value. (Indicate why they are valuable).
* Encryption can be used to protect personal communications - such as telephone calls or email - from unauthorized access. This is very important because it gives users the ability the ensure that their privacy is maintained and not violated by preventing unauthorized people from being able to spy on their personal communications.
* Encryption is also useful in protecting sensitive data - such as credit numbers for internet purchases - that is in transit from unauthorized access. Without encryption, internet purchases would be highly insecure as anyone would be able to intercept the financial details of buyers. Encryption therefore prevents the financial details of internet buyers from being stolen and as a result makes secure internet purchases possible.
* As well, encryption is used to protect personal stored data - such as financial information and medical records - from unauthorized access and alteration. This is important because it gives people the ability to protect their privacy
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Misc (view all)
- Relatinshipe between father and son in things fall apart
- Comparing and Contrasting Envy and Deception in Shakespeares...
- How do the pigs on animal farm abuse language?
- Analysis of sonnet 116
- Case Study of the 1925 Tri State Tornado
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.