- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What can be meant by the Panchantantra saying, Knowledge is the true organ of sight, not the eyes? Is it necessary to have clear ideas to see?
The first 200 words of this essay...
"What can be meant by the Panchantantra saying, "Knowledge is the true organ of sight, not the eyes?" Is it necessary to have clear ideas to see?
The Panchantantra saying : "Knowledge is the true organ of sight, not the eyes," almost directly contradicts the popular idea held by many today in which "seeing is believing". However to truly understand the question asked, we must firstly define what is meant by knowledge, as the definition for this will surely affect the answer given to the question.
Simply put knowledge can be defined as justified true belief. To elaborate, it isn't enough to simply believe something and accept it as fact, what you believe you know must be true, it should be an indisputable fact. For example I know my name is Samirah Musazi, as it is stated on my birth certificate, I am therefore justified in this belief, and can take this to be an aspect of my knowledge.
This then leads to the question, what are the different ways of acquiring knowledge? And speaking specifically in terms of the question, are our eyes the most valuable tool in our acquisition of knowledge? To answer
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- TOK essay "role of language in areas of knowledge"
- Should emotion play a role in the evaluation of knowledge cl...
- Does language play roles of equal importance in different ar...
- TOK IB IA presentation. On what basis do spiritual beliefs ...
- What are the advantages of discriminating between valid and ...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo