- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Chronicle of a Death Foretold Commentaries
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Town Connected
Throughout Chronicle of a Death Foretold, a fictional novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, you meet a lot of characters. In truth, you meet the whole town in the first chapter. This tight knit community is devastated by Santiago's murder, and are all so interconnected that it is hard to know one without the other. It is odd though that in this tight knit community where everyone knew a murder was going to be committed, that no one did anything to stop it. This is realised in the first chapter. The first people you meet are the people who are closely tied to Santiago Nasar.
Victoria Guzmán is one of the first characters you meet. She cooks for the Nasar family. She is introduced as she is removing rabbit guts from a rabbit in the kitchen. After Santiago grabs her daughters crotch Victoria reveals that she was once Ibrahim Nasar's mistress. She still hates Ibrahim for keeping her as his mistress and does her best to keep his son, Santiago, away from her daughter, Divina Flor. Victoria learns early on the morning of the murder that Santiago is going to be murdered, but says
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- Style and Structure of the novel The Kite Runner
- Analysis of "The verger" by William Somerset Maugh...
- Symbolism in The Elephant Vanishes
- Guy Montag as a hero in Fahrenheit 451
- Anna Frith is constantly changing throughout the book, Year ...
- Great Gatsby. Comment on the setting and the depiction of th...
- An exploration of Desdemonas transgression of social norms w...
- The passage Chills takes place in a dark, desolate field in ...
- The Werewolf (Review) from Angela Carter's "The Bloody ...
- Reflections on "Miss Julie" in a cultural context
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student