- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Hello Day Worldwide Analysis
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Literature and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hello Day- Worldwide
The poem has been written by someone who has visited a place where people are not as friendly as they are at her home village. She feels that the people in this town who don't speak to their neighbours are rude and she introduces the idea of a "hello day" because they need something to encourage them to make friends and be involved with the community.
In the first stanza the author describes the town that has inspired her to write the poem. She refers to the place as "where Good Morning is offensive". This portrays people's attitudes towards each other. People seem to be too preoccupied with their own lives to make time for other people. The word "offensive" could have been used to show that people in the town are short tempered. The author then says "Maybe they need a hello day, a gesture, a token of what could have been." She feels that if people had a day set aside in which they take the time to talk to each other, they would see how much better the world could be. The author wants people to change the way they relate
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- Style and Structure of the novel The Kite Runner
- Analysis on "So Long A Letter" by Mariama Ba
- Commentary on the poem At the San Francisco Airport by Yvor ...
- In the allegorical poem entitled, Because I Could Not Stop f...
- Quote Analysis of Chronicle of a death foretold
- Different aspects of the work Chronicles of a Death Foretold...
- How does Barker explore the impact of war in this extract fr...
- George Orwell - Shooting an Elephant. Discursive Questions.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn portrays the corruption of the Soviet...
- Song of Solomon: How does Toni Morrison reveal flight as a w...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.