- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In the prose extract, Feet September 1948, Seamus Deane utilizes various techniques and literary features in his diction to depict the feelings and thoughts of the narrator (main character).
The first 200 words of this essay...
Prose Commentary - Feet September 1948 by Seamus Deane
In the prose extract, Feet September 1948, Seamus Deane utilizes various techniques and literary features in his diction to depict the feelings and thoughts of the narrator (main character). A few of these techniques and literary features include mood, tone, characterization, irony, repetition and similes. Through the identification and analysis of the author's style, the reader is able to understand the thoughts and feelings that Deane intends to portray.
The extract is written (narrative technique) in the first person, giving the reader greater insight into the true emotions/feelings that the narrator is attempting to convey. The repeated use of the pronoun "I" is an indication of the point of view of the piece, while this repetition also gives the reader the feeling that the extract is an autobiography due to the personal feelings revealed by the narrator. As a result of this personal touch, the reader views the passage through the narrator's eyes, giving greater insight of the feelings of the narrator, but also limiting the images created in the reader's minds to the persona's view. The narrative technique also includes the complexity of diction. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- The Stranger by Albert Camus introduces a character that is ...
- In Ernest Bucklers The Bars and the Bridge, the protagonist ...
- Discuss how good Atticus is as a father.
- Critical Analysis of After Apple Picking by Robert Frost
- Symbolism in Orwell's "1984".
- Great Gatsby. Comment on the setting and the depiction of th...
- An exploration of Desdemonas transgression of social norms w...
- The passage Chills takes place in a dark, desolate field in ...
- The Werewolf (Review) from Angela Carter's "The Bloody ...
- Reflections on "Miss Julie" in a cultural context
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.