- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How Does Single Parents Living Status Affect Their Daily Coping Strategies For Maintaining Mental Wellbeing
- Essay length: 3286 words
- Submitted: 29/04/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
How Does Single Parents' Living Status Affect Their Daily Coping Strategies For Maintaining Mental Wellbeing?
The paper aims to investigate how single parents' living in poverty adopt their daily coping strategies to solve difficulties and minimize their psychological impacts to maintain mental wellbeing. This report employs explore 2 female single parents transcripts from an interview study (Lea, Burgoyne, Jones, & Beer, 1997) and use Grounded Theory(GT) to analyze and then generate 2 main themes which is: the difficulties from both living in poverty and being in a single parents' position will generate risk factors of mental wellbeing; Both participants had a set of daily coping strategies to minimize the impact of risk factors of mental health. The reason for using GT and both demerits and merits have been discussed.
Qualitative approaches are employed in order to acquire an comprehension of underlying motivations and reasons, to bring insights to obscure problems for developing testable theories; facilitating to gather in depth understanding of how people make sense of their experiences, lives and their structures of the world . qualitative are different from quantitative approaches, they do not involve statistic or measurement but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- How important are ethics and social responsibility?
- Social Psychology
- Explain the importance of team building, the stages in the d...
- Skinner's behaviorism and Bandura's cognitive social learnin...
- What do studies of conformity and obedience tell us about th...
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
- Emotions and facial processing of emotions
- Are humans naturally aggressive or do we learn to be aggress...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.