- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A mechanism process description of a stapler
The first 200 words of this essay...
Subject: A mechanism process description of a stapler
Figure 1 Stapler
A stapler is a portable "device that binds together sheets of paper by driving a thin metal staple through the sheets and folding over the ends to secure the paper".( Wikipedia) Most office staplers are 30 cm long, 9 cm wide, and 18 cm tall. The stapler is made of rubber, plastic, and metal. The main components of an office stapler include the base, the anvil, the magazine, the metal head, the case, the hanger, and the springs.
The base is a 30 cm long, flat, box-shaped plastic container with anti-skid rubber pads attached at the bottom to ensure stability. Thus, by providing this stability, the base of the stapler also ensures precision, as slippage caused by the force required is prevented, and the staple is placed in the document where intended. The base also performs another essential function: it holds the other parts of the stapler in place, acting as a mount for the other parts, such as the anvil and the springs.
Figure 2 Base and Anvil
The anvil is a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Teaching Assi...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.