- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Teaching Assistant
The first 200 words of this essay...
P1. Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Teaching Assistant.
*Teaching assistant = TA
WORKING WITH THE TEACHER
Working the partnership to plan, prepare and maintaining learning environment.
Working alongside the teacher to plan works/activities. Knowing exactly what is required to support children and how to deal with children who are having difficulties, as she will not be able to ask the teacher questions during the activity. TA should plan activity in advance with clear objectives to make sure it runs smoothly.
Helping to organise the learning environment and supporting the introduction of new activities. The learning environment can be any areas not just a classroom, e.g. playground, Hall/gym, Computer Room, Cooking area and so on. Hence the need to be familiar with all these areas before working with them, so that she is able to carry out activities with children. Always asking advice from others if she is not familiar with a particular area of the school.
Preparing and setting out classroom resources and equipment as directed by the teacher. Following the rules and procedures of health and safety (e.g. ensuring all equipment and surfaces are safe, hygienic and usable). Knowing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Enabling Effective Inclusion. This school development plan ...
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.