- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In this assignment I shall focus on planning for the teaching of mathematics in the primary classroom.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this assignment I shall focus on planning for the teaching of mathematics in the primary classroom, I intend to look at the composite parts of lesson planning and include reference to teaching and learning, as there are obvious links. I shall go on to focus on planning and teaching of children of high ability and the challenge that they present teachers within a mixed ability setting.
The introduction of the National Curriculum and subsequently the National Numeracy Strategy has made the teaching of mathematics much more prescriptive, the National Curriculum creates a framework of the knowledge, skills and understanding that children are expected to have gained within each of the keystages; The National Numeracy Strategy (NNS) provides guidelines on the 'range and balance of work in primary mathematics to make sure that pupils become properly numerate'(page 2). The National Numeracy Strategy gives examples of the appropriate (high) expectations that teachers should have and gives guidance on the way children should be expected to progress throughout their schooling.
The National Numeracy Strategy gives key objectives for each year and refines these into topics for each term per year group; with details of the number
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR THE 5- ...
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- This study sets out to investigate the evolving educational ...
- The following is a fictitious case study which has been adap...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.