- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Maslow's hierarchy of needs applied to the classroom setting. Maslow hierarchy of needs can be a very useful tool for every teacher. Maslow proposed that people
The first 200 words of this essay...
Maslow's hierarchy of needs applied to the classroom setting.
Maslow hierarchy of needs can be a very useful tool for every teacher. Maslow proposed that people have five different sets of needs, listed below, and these can be applied in the classroom to increase students' performance.
Physiological needs: All persons require to satisfy needs associated with their immediate physical survival, such as need for food, water, rest etc. Therefore, teachers need to take into consideration such needs and for example they make sure that every so often they assign some group work where the students are required to stand up and change place. This avoids the students from getting fidgety. Also, it is essential that teachers do not conduct extra lessons during the break, since students need breaks to eat and move around. If the break is denied, students would not be concentrated during the lesson.
Safety needs: Students need to feel safe and secure, thus it is essential that teachers develop a warm classroom environment, which is free of risks (such as broken chairs, windows etc).
Love and Belongingness Needs: Obviously, we all seek affectionate relationships with others and like to feel
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Enabling Effective Inclusion. This school development plan ...
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo