- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Personal Reflective Essay.
Reflection as defined by the Oxford English dictionary (1993) means 'idea arising in the mind' and mind means 'seat of consciousness, thought, volition, and feeling'. It seems therefore that reflection, in an every day term is about thinking that involves volition and feeling, therefore reflection is very personal as we are all unique individuals.
So, if reflection is thinking why are we being assessed on it, and how can it be assessed as surely we all think differently. Are reflective framework models, an aid to help me think or an aid to help the assessor's asses me? Am I being cynical or is cynicism accurate observation? Have we forgotten how to think? Are we living in an age where the pace of life is so fast that people don't have time to think any more? Is that why reflection is now being incorporated into curriculums or is it to enhance learning and the forming of concepts and connections? Is it to make me realise what my own ideas are, and which are somebody else's? Or is it as King and Kitchener (1994 cited Moon 2001, p.8) propose to challenge my learning and thereby improve my
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR THE 5- ...
- This study sets out to investigate the evolving educational ...
- The following is a fictitious case study which has been adap...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.