- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The senses are points of contact with the environment. How does activity with the sensorial materials encourage observation and perception of the environment?
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The senses are points of contact with the environment." How does activity with the sensorial materials encourage observation and perception of the environment?
The child in his mother's womb is a physical embryo; He develops his physical structures and increases in size while in the womb. Once he is born, leaving the comfort of his mother's womb, he must go through a phase of reconstruction or incarnation. He must become like his parents in movement, speech and other areas. To do this he does not possess fixed or predetermined instincts dictating his development like in animals who immediately behave like their parents once they are born. He possesses predetermined patterns of psychic unfolding. He gradually unfolds to exhibit the characteristic of his kind in movement, speech and actions. He is not taught by his parents to walk, talk or cry. He is not taught to sing, climb or think. "This fashioning of the human personality is a secret work of 'incarnation'. The child is an enigma. All that we know is that he has the highest potentialities, but we do not know what he will be. He must 'become incarnate' with the help of his own will." (The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Education and Teaching (view all)
- Bilingual Education. In this essay I examine the issues at ...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Enabling Effective Inclusion. This school development plan ...
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.