- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Vertical Tutoring and its role in Deeper Personalised Learning
The first 200 words of this essay...
Vertical Tutoring and its role in
Deeper Personalised Learning
Matt Wells, February 2010
'School Pastoral care is a systematic approach to education which seeks to value and develop the young person at every level. It implies caring for the quality of relationships between the partners in the school community. It involves the engagement of all the schools policies, processes and programmes in the development of the appropriate systematic structures, roles and resources to support the development of the emerging adult.' (Hamblin, 1986)
My particular focus is on the Vertical Tutoring Model and how it can assist in the development of an individual pupil amongst their peers;
'Vertical Tutoring is not just a 'pastoral reorganisation' as many schools think although this might appear to be the start. Vertical Tutoring is a better and more effective way of running schools as organisations which, if well managed, will ensure that everything improves including outcomes. It requires no extra effort or funding and serves to remind us of why we became teachers. In many ways it is a systems thinking approach to school management.' (Barnard, 2006)
The Vertical Tutoring Model, also known as Vertical Mentoring, seems
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- A Reflective Practice Assignment Demonstrating Personal and ...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Self - Esteem, Praise, Encouragement - The Key to Student Su...
- Compare your school Ofsted Report to the Steer Report of the...
- Should all school students be encouraged to go to university...
- Teaching and the Law. Summarize the key aspects and current ...
- Outline the similarities and differences between the notions...
- I am currently working as a nursery nurse (practitioner) in ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.