- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Plan Comparisons of the two Romeo and Juliet films.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Plan Comparisons of the two Romeo and Juliet films
Romeo and Juliet is a famous play written by William Shakespeare. The play is a tragedy based on an allegedly true story. The play itself was written for the theatre. The story is set in Verona in Italy. The story is about two lovers who come from rich families, the Capulets and Montagues. Both of the families are sworn enemies. Their love brings tragic consequences. The play is known throughout the world.
The two main themes in the play are love and conflict. The play is dominated by these themes. Themes include romantic love and passion between Romeo and Juliet and gang warfare between the Montagues and Capulets, family arguments and conflict between generation gaps. These themes are universal. These themes are common today just as they were four hundred years ago. However, there are differences between today and Shakespeare's times. One example of the differences is entertainment. In Shakespeare's time the only entertainment they had was live plays where as nowadays we still have live plays but cinema is the most dominant.
William Shakespeare was born April 16th 1565 in Stratford-upon-Avon and, by some
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo and Juliet (view all)
- Foreboding in Romeo and Juliet
- Comparative essay on theme of Love in Romeo and Juliet and t...
- The Wars by Timothy Findley.
- Compare the different film versions of Romeo and Juliet
- Intertextual Relations Between Romeo & Juliet the Play a...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student