- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Geometric Brownian Motion. The aim of this project is to gain an understanding of the Monte Carlo simulation method (Value-at-Risk measure) and to create a user-friendly piece of software that will allow investors to determine the potential risk a chosen
- Essay length: 6360 words
- Submitted: 02/04/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Tom Forward Year: 2010
Chapter 1: Introduction
A main factor that plays a big part in the price of a stock or shares is the economy, the economy was doing really well up until 2008 when the recession started, this caused share prices to drop dramatically and businesses having to close down. Customers began to spend less, this affected most companies as it caused a downturn in the economy. Investment levels dropped and businesses did not perform to the same standard. Investment became riskier as banks started to collapse, some even going bankrupt causing businesses to close down too. The recession in the past years (which is still ongoing) has led to fewer people investing and share prices decreasing. Due to this risk management has become important when investing.
Stocks are also known as equities or shares. An equity is when a stock or share is bought either privately or within a company, this can sometimes be risky because if the company does well in terms of valuation of the equity then the stock or shares bought would have been a good investment to the buyer and profit could be made, but if
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- UK Copyright and File Sharing
- Information systems development literature review. Since th...
- What is research?
- Risk Management and Assessment for IT Projects.
- TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Airline Reservation System
- A basic RFID system consists of main two elements an interro...
- Forensic Tools and Techniques - EnCase & XRY
- STAVIES: A System for Information Extraction from unknown We...
- Precautions against internet scamming
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.