- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Heuristic evaluation was used by Jakob Nielsen in 1990 to describe a type of inspection method , for identifying usability problems of computer software
The first 200 words of this essay...
Department of Computing & Multimedia
University of Gloucestershire
GL50 2QF, UK
Heuristic evaluation was used by Jakob Nielsen in 1990 to describe a type of inspection method , for identifying usability problems of computer software and, in particular, the user interface . Heuristic evaluation is the most informal method of usability inspection methods and 'involves having usability specialists judge whether each dialogue element conforms to established usability principles. These principles are normally referred to as the heuristics ...' [1, p.5]. Alternatively, heuristic evaluation is a usability engineering method 'for finding the usability problems in a user interface design so that they can be attended to as part of an iterative design process. Heuristic evaluation involves having a small set of evaluators examine the interface and judge its compliance with recognized usability principles (the "heuristics")' . Usability engineering applies the principles of engineering to user interface design .
There is, therefore, no commonly accepted formal definition of an heuristic evaluation but essentially, a number of heuristics or principles are derived, usually from the literature, and then applied to the artifact to be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- State two advantages and two disadvantages of a layered oper...
- A Research Proposal on "Identity Theft in Internet Tech...
- Information systems development literature review. Since th...
- UK Copyright and File Sharing
- Interlanguage and the Error analysis
- Airline Reservation System
- A basic RFID system consists of main two elements an interro...
- Forensic Tools and Techniques - EnCase & XRY
- STAVIES: A System for Information Extraction from unknown We...
- Precautions against internet scamming
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.