- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Crash is a groundbreaking film that came to our cinema screens in 2004. The cast is well known and they all play new characters to their genre of film. The film has been Oscar nominated and has made more money then the director could ever imagine.
The director of this film, Paul Haggis has deliberately shown the audience race relations and how we treat each other today so the audience can make there own preconceptions. He likes to do this so that people are forced to confront difficult issues. Mr Haggis wants people to think about his film after they have watched it instead of just forgetting all about it and saying, "that was a nice film". He says the idea of the film came to him the night after September 11th 2001 at about 2am. He said he had his own memories from when he had a car - jacking experience ten years previous to that night.
As well as the extreme close ups used the music also music shows emotion for instance when the little girl gets shot all we can hear is the music, which makes us take in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Mise-en-scene. The film I have chosen to analyse for this a...
- Describe a film that you really enjoy. Explore the aspects o...
- Still Frame Analysis : American Gangster. The dominant in t...
- Film Studies essay - Gladiator.
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- Resaons Why "Casablanca" Is so Acclaimed.
- My Response To Spike Lees "Do The Right Thing".
- What do the representations of Cleopatra in film and on tele...
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.