- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Full Monty And Independence Day compared.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Full Monty
Both 'The Full Monty' and 'Independence Day' were extremely popular films of their time and are still widely watched across the world. Although they are very different in the way they were directed, and the subject material used.
The films are very different because 'The Full Monty' is about six unemployed men from Sheffield who all need to think of a way to make money, fast. They all have their different reasons for wanting it. So they decide on becoming strippers for one night, and the film shows us how the go about it and the horrible disasters that occur in every day life. However 'Independence Day' is about the American government trying to be heroes (as always) and saving the world from alien attack.
I think 'The Full Monty' was so popular because it portrays realism, but it also had extensive backing and money to it. Also, most of the cast then were not well known which is what makes it special because people can relate more to them as they are not big movie stars and they were brought
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Representations of Teenagers in the Media!!
- Critical analysis of Bob Dylan's 1975 song, "The Hurric...
- Unpicking the monstrous: A Psychoanalytic and Marxist analys...
- An analysis of the opening sequence of the film 'East is Eas...
- Representation of Women In the Media.
- Resaons Why "Casablanca" Is so Acclaimed.
- My Response To Spike Lees "Do The Right Thing".
- What do the representations of Cleopatra in film and on tele...
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student