- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A Stylistic analysis of the use of point of view in The Bloody Chamber
The first 200 words of this essay...
An analysis of the use of point of view in Angela Carter's 'The Bloody Chamber'
I would like to begin my essay with a short introduction testifying to the method of analysis by which I will be studying this text and within these fields how analysing point of view can compliment and help to enhance our understanding and appreciation of a text's sophistication or cleverness, and then go on to place Angela Carter's work within this context. It is interesting to note that although in terms of the place of women in society there has been a great deal of improvement towards equality since the book's first publication in 1979, Carter's sometimes gothic and gruesome style still proves just as shocking to a contemporary reader, male or female. I would argue that this is predominantly through her use of the poignant insight of a scrambled and sometimes abstract first person narrative that 'deals directly with the imagery of the unconscious,1' and the previously fairly unearthed depths of the female mind, and its passions and desires through an analysis of the narrative. Carter's work has been described to be fairly pornographic and the reason this holds particular significance is because
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Critically reflect on and evaluate the academic skills you n...
- Annotated bibliography
- Structural and Functional Differences Between Somatic Motor ...
- Where you live can affect your health and well-being
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.