- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Children's Growth and Development
- Essay length: 3626 words
- Submitted: 04/05/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Children's Growth and Development Assignment 2
The aims of this assignment are to explore how psychological theories relate to the development of children's learning and consider whether these theories impact on early years settings.
This assignment will provide examples of how practitioners apply theory to practice and the relevance of observation, planning and evaluation. It will also look at how this is applied in the setting thus ensuring children achieve their full potential.
It will focus on the curriculum within the early years settings in particular Birth to 3 and the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and identify links that support these theories.
The assignment will investigate emotional development by looking at the work of John Bowlby and his theory on attachment in young children and link this to early years practice. It will explain the internal working model and the importance this plays in the future of a child's emotional development. Through the work of Ainsworth. Lorenz and Hazan and Schaffer it will show studies to both support and dispute his theory.
This assignment will also investigate the theory of Jean Piaget. Piaget's theory focused on children's cognitive development.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Global Warming and the Two-Part Solution. In The Environmen...
- Where you live can affect your health and well-being
- Describe the way that counselling as a profession has respon...
- Narrative Essay
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student