- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard both graduated from Stanford University in 1935 with a degree in electrical engineering (Malone, 2007). In 1939, Packard and Hewlett established Hewlett-Packard (HP) in Packard's one-car garage in Palo Alto with an initial capital investment of US$538 (HP Rebuilding HP's Garage, 2010). Hewlett and Packard tossed a coin to decide whether the company they founded would be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett (HP Interactive Timeline, 2010). Packard won the coin toss but decided to name their electronics manufacturing enterprise the "Hewlett-Packard Company". HP incorporated on August 18, 1947, and went public on November 6, 1957.
Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is one of the world's largest information technology companies, serving more than one billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents (HP Fast Facts, 2010). HP specialises in developing and manufacturing computing, data storage, and networking hardware, designing software and delivering services. Its major product lines include personal computing devices, enterprise servers, related storage devices, a diverse range of printers and other imaging products. HP tends to market its products to households, small to medium-sized businesses and enterprises directly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- risk assessment in mental health nursing
- Structural and Functional Differences Between Somatic Motor ...
- Research Paper Online Dating
- Personal Career Development Plan
- Levels of Processing Report
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.