- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discrimination can take many forms, which can occur through words and/or actions. Sometimes discrimination is obvious, but other times, it is harder to see. Actions or words that are unwelcome or hostile can be considered harassment. For example, if a co-worker tells a racist joke in a work setting, he or she is committing racial harassment. If a teacher makes sexual comments or advances towards a student, the teacher is committing sexual harassment. After analyzing the information I have collected about physical, verbal, and sexual harassment, I strongly believe it is wrong, and should no be tolerated anywhere at anytime.
One type of harassment that is found throughout the world is physical harassment. This means one has found a behavior to be aggressive, offensive, threatening, or disturbing. The United States Congress passed Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in 1964, prohibiting discrimination at work on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, and sexual preference. Many types of harassment include bullying, psychological harassment, racial harassment, religious harassment, sexual harassment, police harassment, stalking, mobbing, hazing, and backlash. Harassment is a crime. In some cases, if proven, harassment can be a gross
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Reflective account
- Describe and Evaluate Erikson's lifespan model of developmen...
- Where you live can affect your health and well-being
- Personal Career Development Plan
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.