- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discrimination can take many forms, which can occur through words and/or actions. Sometimes discrimination is obvious, but other times, it is harder to see. Actions or words that are unwelcome or hostile can be considered harassment. For example, if a co-worker tells a racist joke in a work setting, he or she is committing racial harassment. If a teacher makes sexual comments or advances towards a student, the teacher is committing sexual harassment. After analyzing the information I have collected about physical, verbal, and sexual harassment, I strongly believe it is wrong, and should no be tolerated anywhere at anytime.
One type of harassment that is found throughout the world is physical harassment. This means one has found a behavior to be aggressive, offensive, threatening, or disturbing. The United States Congress passed Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in 1964, prohibiting discrimination at work on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, and sexual preference. Many types of harassment include bullying, psychological harassment, racial harassment, religious harassment, sexual harassment, police harassment, stalking, mobbing, hazing, and backlash. Harassment is a crime. In some cases, if proven, harassment can be a gross
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Reflection paper on "Through Deaf Eyes"
- Annotated bibliography
- Personal Career Development Plan
- Research Paper Online Dating
- risk assessment in mental health nursing
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.