- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
skin desease and disorders
- Essay length: 2509 words
- Submitted: 20/02/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dermatology, a medical experience focusing on skin diseases and disorders of the skin. The skin is the largest and one of the most significant organs in the human body. It is the bodies defence again heat, radiation including harmful sunrays, infection and injury. The skin has many properties to keep our body healthy and running smoothly throughout life, for example regulating body temperature, and storing vital substances such as fat, water and vitamin D. The skin contains three core layers the epidermis, the dermis and the subcutaneous layer, the average therapist only tends to work on the top outer layer of the skin (epidermis). Therefore it is important to understand and recognize the diseases and disorders that may arise during the consultation and treatment. As a result this assignment will discuss three common skin disorders Impetigo, Acne Vulgaris and Skin cancer (Melanoma). It will show a clear description of the appearance and symptoms of each, and analyse when confronted with the conditions how a therapist would handle the situation in a spa environment.
The skin is susceptible to a wide range of conditions through bacteria, fungal and parasites. Bacterial skin diseases are caused by simple micro organisms that can take
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- risk assessment in mental health nursing
- Health and safety - Risk assessment
- Reflective account
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Muscle contraction
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.