- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A critical incident report
- Essay length: 3188 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Critical Incident Report.
Report Summary and Rationale.
The aim of this report is look at a critical incident that occurred in practice and relate this to the theory and knowledge regarding communication and interpersonal skills, that is to say, what skills were and were not used at the time of the incident. Carl Roger's necessary conditions for effective counseling, Heron's six category intervention and methods of non-verbal communication will all be examined. The incident that was chosen was so for the reasons that the situation made the student aware of inadequacies on her own part and those of the staff on the ward, which made her reflect upon the situation and how this could be learned from, so as not to make the same mistake again. Due to confidentiality, the patient concerned in this incident will be referred to under the pseudonym of "Mrs. Khan". The incident took place on an adult rehabilitation ward.
Communication is essential for effective nursing practice (Kacperek, 1997; Rowe, 1999). Communication occurs all of the time between people, not just verbally, but non-verbally too, by way of gestures, facial expressions, tone of voice and so
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Interprofessional Education Reflective Essay. This reflectiv...
- Reflective Essay
- The aim of this assignment is to critically evaluate the rol...
- Collaboration in Professional Practice
- Osteoporosis, which means porous bone, is a disease in which...
- The objective of this assignment is to critically evaluate t...
- Reflection essay on vital signs using Driscoll's model
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.