- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing careers in NHS
The first 200 words of this essay...
LO1: Understand the variety of opportunities available in H.E.
1B - Research your chosen career (s) and provide a summary of: the main job content, progression routes, and entry requirements.
Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) is where my main interest lies due to the variety in the work and departments in which I would be able to work, and the technicality involved. The main aspects of the role are split into three areas:
Anaesthetic Practise This involves working within a team of
health professionals to assess and support a patient prior to anaesthesia. The preparation of specialist equipment and drugs for use during surgery, which may include ventilators and intravenous equipment. The care and support for the patient's family is also involved.
Surgical Practise This involves a number of roles, including
the 'scrubbed' role - preparing equipment
and instruments for surgery, accounting for
materials throughout procedure, wound
management and infection control.
A circulating role liaising between surgical
teams and other parts of the operating
theatre and hospital, using communication
and management skills.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- This essay will focus on inter-professional working in healt...
- Discuss the potential benefits and difficulties associated w...
- This assignment will look at COPD and its associated problem...
- The purpose of this essay is to carry out an assessment of a...
- Health promotion is an important element of the government's...
- Patient care pathways for patients with malignant disease - ...
- D240 TMA-02 compare and contrast cbt and mindfulness in und...
- Presentation On Managing Self-Harm Amongst Mental Health Ser...
- Select two of the three articles that you found for Activity...
- Drawing on the accounts by Lyn and Harry in Learning Guide 5...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.