- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
ACADEMIC TUTOR Moria Sugden
INTAKE YEAR 2006
EBL GROUP PFX106
MODULE CODE NCPG1005
WORD COUNT 2410
This essay will be looking at the three strands of Professional Studies, Evidence Based Practice (EBP), Philosophy of Care and Management of Care. It will discuss the factors which will help develop the promotion of EBP, showing why using these methods are better for the client to ensure it is appropriate to their individual needs. Roach's 5 C's will be discussed as to how relevant they are to nursing care is provided, looking mainly at spirituality and holism. In the closing part of this essay it will look at the different levels of care, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Care, while identifying systematic processes and legal frameworks which will control the management of care.
Evidence based practice can have a range of meanings. Some authors highlight the role of research evidence in clinical decisions, making others have a much wider viewpoint that encompasses the view of both patients and clinicians in informing clinical decisions.
Sackett et al (1996) describes it as: "The conscientious, explicit and judicious
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- This essay will focus on inter-professional working in healt...
- Discuss the potential benefits and difficulties associated w...
- How is illness socially constructed?
- The Effectiveness of Brief Interventions in Reducing Binge
- The only problem with the law relating to vulnerable adults ...
- How can an effective therapeutic relationship contribute to ...
- Using Trevors and Dahlias accounts from Activity 2.3 in Lear...
- Living with LongTerm Conditions - case study of a patient wi...
- How could use of the concept of Critical Practice help to av...
- This assignment is going to look at the following policy Str...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.