- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
reflective practice using johns model of reflection
The first 200 words of this essay...
Physiotherapy in contemporary practice: a critical evaluation of two different physiotherapy context, demonstrating the diversity of scope of practice.
Physiotherapists can only practice to the extent that they have established, maintained and developed their ability to work safely and competently (CSP 2002). Each individual physiotherapist has their own scope of practice, within the physiotherapy scope of practice. This essay will demonstrate the diversity of scope of practice and critically evaluate the two different physiotherapy context of palliative care (hospice) and private practice (PP) (musculoskeletal).
Palliative care is care given to improve the quality of life of patients who have a serious or life-threatening disease (Zimmermann 1986). Physiotherapists work in palliative care to provide treatment that relieves symptoms, such as pain, but they are not expected to cure the disease. The main purpose is to improve the patient's quality of life (Zimmermann 1986).
Many physiotherapists set up in private practice in a variety of specialist areas. The aim of musculoskeletal physiotherapy is to treat muscles, bones and joints in order to restore proper functioning to the body (Refshauge and Gass 2004).
Both in private practice and palliative care, physiotherapists have three core skills which include manual therapy,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Key aspects of public health in the uk
- The Public Health Act 1848
- The Role of Biomedical Scientists in Modern Healthcare.
- Health promotion is an important element of the government's...
- Hair Apprenticship NVQlevel2
- Patient care pathways for patients with malignant disease - ...
- D240 TMA-02 compare and contrast cbt and mindfulness in und...
- Presentation On Managing Self-Harm Amongst Mental Health Ser...
- Select two of the three articles that you found for Activity...
- Drawing on the accounts by Lyn and Harry in Learning Guide 5...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.