- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This assignment discusses the importance of eating and drinking, which is an activity of daily living. The nursing process will be briefly described; the assessment stage will be discussed and linked to relevant literature.
The first 200 words of this essay...
This assignment discusses the importance of eating and drinking, which is an activity of daily living. The nursing process will be briefly described; the assessment stage will be discussed and linked to relevant literature. A nursing model based on Roper et al (2000) will be used as a framework for the assessment stage. The assignment integrates theory to practice by discussing the holistic assessment of eating and drinking based on a patient called Annie. In accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct (2002), confidentiality will be maintained by the changing of names.
Annie is eighty years old and has been admitted following a collapse. Annie has malnutrition, problems masticating, arthritis, dysphagia and early stage dementia.
Roper et al (2000), states that eating and drinking is essential to human existence because it provides the energy source required by the body to maintain cells and grow new cells. Aggleton et al (2000), agrees that eating and drinking is vital to maintain the homeostatic balance of the body.
The nursing process consists of assessment, planning., implementation and evaluation (Roper et al 2000). The nursing process is a problem orientated approach to individualised patient care (Hinchliff et al 2003).
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Interprofessional Education Reflective Essay. This reflectiv...
- Reflective Essay
- The aim of this assignment is to critically evaluate the rol...
- Collaboration in Professional Practice
- Osteoporosis, which means porous bone, is a disease in which...
- The objective of this assignment is to critically evaluate t...
- Reflection essay on vital signs using Driscoll's model
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.